Would you like to be able to make photo montages yourself with Photoshop? Then don't miss the following mini-tutorial in which in just 10 steps you can make your own photo mosaic in Photoshop. Don't miss out!
To do this, you will need some photos as well as time, so think about the ones you would like to add to your mosaic before you start and keep in mind that the more you have, the better it will be. With that said, let's get down to business!
Assemble a photo mosaic in Photoshop
Photoshop can be a bit tricky sometimes, but don't worry! We are going to go step by step to make it very simple.
- The first thing is to assemble an album with all the images, for this we are going to file – automate – contact sheet.
- For the best result, we must indicate that we want a photograph of 3000 by 2000 pixels.
- Don't forget to uncheck the box to use filename as image footer.
- The next step is simple, wait. Well, actually, working with so many images, it's going to take a while to put together the contact sheet, so we have to be a little patient and by the time it's finished, we're good to go.
- Next, we hit layers – flatten and create a template to work with. For this we will have to go to edition – define reason.
How are you doing? Well, as we mentioned at the beginning, the most tedious thing is perhaps to search for all the images since the more we have, the better the result. But as you can see the step by step is quite easy, right? We continue!
- An important step is to choose the image that we want to use for the mosaic, you can opt for one with your friends or a special landscape, the possibilities are quite wide.
- Now we just have to go to layer – fill layer – pattern.
- We already have everything we need to assemble our mosaic. At this point and after the last step, we can play with the size from the scale option, but if you are not sure how to use it, you can skip this step.
- Next comes the most important, not the most difficult. To the fill layer that we have created we have to blend it through soft light.
- We got it! To touch it up, you can play with the contrast of the fill layer and with the opacity. In this way you will finish giving it your special touch and to your liking.
10 steps as we discussed. It is not a long process, but you do have to take into account several details that we have been breaking down throughout the tutorial. From now on you can easily make your own mosaics. The first time it will be a bit more tedious, but after you practice, you will no longer have to go to the guide and the process will be much faster.
Enjoy your day in Photoshop!